Sunday, January 14, 2007

Smock top

Ah, yesterday was a bit of a sewing frenzy, for me. Which might not equate to a sewing frenzy for you, but hey. No sooner had I finished my second cushion cover, then the post arrived with a parcel from one of my aunts, in Canada. Inside was a lovely sock doll made by her daughter, a cute little bear outfit from her other daughter, and a small bundle of fabric.

I have been encouraged to make bloomers - thanks, Rebecca - and their time will come, but really I have been yearning for Moot to reach the 12-month size for the smock top pictured in this post. I figure she's not far off being that big, so I traced the pattern, cut it out, cut the fabric and made the top. All in a couple of hours. For me, a frenzy.



It's a bit big, still, so not action shots, but I'm really pleased with it.

In other news, the night out on Thursday was a success. We saw Emma Tricca, and the pub was great, although it's been so long since I've been in a smoky environment, that I found the cigarette smoke quite overwhelming.

Also, I've discovered this woman, Ellie Curtis, is teaching the t-shirt printing class I will be attending at the East London Printmakers later this month. Isn't this animal print amazing?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home