Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pillow talk



A good afternoon. First up, I finally got round to making some covers for two cushions we've had for years. We've had them for so long - and coverless all that time - that I don't remember where they came from. So I broke out the Etsuko, found some yellow fabric for the piping, and in one evening and one morning, the first one was done.




The fabric is cut and the bias tape made for the second one. I've still got some Etsuko, and other fabrics that I've been hoarding for cushion covers, and I'm so very pleased with this one, I might have to go buy some more cushions.

Two other goods things. I've booked a place on a t-shirt screenprinting class here, one evening in a couple of weeks. I went through a screenprinting phase, and made some screens at home which I used to print a couple of t-shirts, but it's a bit of a faff at home, and I'm hoping that doing this course will give me the skills to use their workshop. If anyone else is interested, they have two more free spaces.

Finally, we are going out tonight. Yay! A friend is babysitting for the few hours between bedtime and the night feed, and I'm taking my husband here, as a sort of belated birthday present. There's a chicken casserole in the oven and a DVD of How to Marry a Millionaire for our friend. For us, there will be music and beer, and I think we will all have a nice time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger caroline said...

I can't wait to hear how you get on at the t-shirt printing day. I had looked into doing one of their workshops but have never got around to it. I hope you have lots of fun.

Hope you have a good night out.

10:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home