Friday, December 01, 2006

183 days

Today is the baby's half-birthday. A mere 183 days ago, she slithered out, wet and blue, a mere slip of a girl at 5lbs 11oz. Happiest, most joyful day of my life, closely followed by every day since. Tonight was also my first real night out, having dinner in a pub with women from my antenatal group.

Cue lots of reflection on the past six months, on how much we've learned, and on how damn hard it is, to keep our little bundle of loveliness happy. I never thought it would be easy, but I never thought we would have the problems we have had, that we would still be struggling with her feeding and weight gain this "far" down the road. But I suppose it a good lesson for parenthood as a whole: control is an illusion.

Anyway, I will leave you with a recent favourite picture, taken when we were in Canada.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger hannah said...

hi sarah! thank you for your sweet comment, i couldnt find an email for you. love this picture of you and your sweet girl!

5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home