Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Picking up speed

So I finished the bumper yesterday. Only had too rip out a couple of times, but I now officially hate polyester wadding/batting, which gets all tangled up in the foot of the sewing machine. If I had to do it again, I'd fork out for the expensive cotton quilt batting.

No pictures, though, because it's not really finished, even though it's on the crib and there's a baby sleeping there. I decided to make it from unbleached calico and to then embellish it, and I haven't got round to that bit because I decided that being on maternity leave without pay is not compatible with buying lots of Christmas presents, and so I'm trying to forge on ahead with making as many Christmas presents as possible.

First on the list was my sister, as she lives in Canada and I have to finish her present in time to post it so that she has it at Christmas, rather than my usual three weeks later. She has a favourite chair, which was crying for something nice to put on it to sit, so that's what she is getting.



Sorry for the oddly rotated picture, I can't seem to get Blogger to accept it any other way.



I got the fabric in New York last summer, and I know she likes it because I made her a Betsy RossGirlie dress with it for her birthday.

I'm reasonably pleased with the way the cushion has turned out. It was good luck that I had just learned to make piping while doing the bumper, which makes it look smart. It just needs a bit of slip-stitching at the back, which I will do in front of the TV tonight.

Next, I have to cut out the pieces for at least three quilted lavender/flaxseed eye-pillows, and a Denyse Schmidt over glove. Hurry, hurry, hurry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home