Sunday, January 07, 2007

Japanese crafty goodness



So finally, the very, very, very simple dress I made for Moot from one of my Japanese craft books. It's crumpled because this is an after-she-wore-it picture. I know it's a stupidly simple pattern, but they are so hard to find.

I went for snaps instead of buttons, because the buttonhole function on my machine is rubbish, and I dispensed with the frill that supposed to go around the hem, as in this shot.



It's the six month size, which I thought would be ample for her petite seven-month frame, but it's more like a tunic. Just as well, because I made a mess of the bias edging. I still have some of the purple corduroy left, so I am going to make the 12 month size, but this time I will line it with some shirting cotton, and therefore avoid the whole bias tape issue all together.

The pattern comes from this book, which was bought from amazon.co.jp. ISBN 4-579-10996-1.



Here's some other images from the book. I love almost everything in it, and am panicking slightly that she will outgrow the patterns before I have time to make everything I want to make for her.










A few words of tribute to Japanese craft books: they are what brought me into the world of crafty blogging. You see, we honeymooned in Japan, and while wandering through a book store, I found the craft section and was completely and utterly blown away. When I got home, I googled "japanese craft books", and it was like stepping through the back of the wardrobe into another world.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Sweet dress - I think you should make the bloomers next, very cute indeed!

9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home