Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Present presents

Some more Christmas sewing. It's hard to not get distracted, but I'm slowly making progress.

I've haven't quite decided who is getting what, but here's what's on offer.

A Denyse Schmidt-inspired lavender and flaxseed eye pillow, and with the cut-offs, I made a lavender-filled thing, which I've decided should be a key-chain. These two items are a pair.



The fabrics are odds and sods - some old Cath Kidston, some Amy Butler, some mystery fabric from my aunt, a Japanese print from Reprodepot.

Then, more Schmidtery. An oven glove - like others, I think the thumb turn is a bit weird, but I've tested it, and it doesn't stop it "working".




I added a loop to hang it from, and a fabric covered button cos I felt like it. I'm making an apron to go with it. The brown fabric is an old Alexander Henry print - I love most of their stuff, if I wasn't broke I'd buy and buy and buy it - and the red fabric is treasured Schmidt Flea Market Fancy. I want to cover my life with it.

I'm also working on some elephant lavender sachets.

Yeah, there's a theme: I got a big bag of cheap lavender in a market in Paris in the fall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home