Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Excuses for not blogging

Erm, so, like, it's been a while. I have lots of things I want to blog about, but I also have many excuses as to why I haven't. A nasty bout of flu, visits from in-laws, sorting out childcare for return to work this summer, feeling blah and frumpy and the need for a bit of a break.

Not that I haven't been sewing, or reading your blogs, or dreaming up more things to make.

I've made another cushion cover, with some Amy Butler fabric from my stash. And I slipped some browny-aubergine fabric behind the cotton lace on the small cushion cover, thrifted from Value Village, to bring out the detail.



With some dotty flannel and jumbo rickrack, I'm making a baby blanket for a friend whose baby is due at the end of the month. I think I first saw the ricrac used that way on etsy, but my bookmark to the shop's page isn't working. I got the rickrack from Ribbon Mad.



Unfortunately, the trimming isn't straight, so it's waiting on my WIP pile, to be ripped and resewn.

To make up for the loss of stash fabric, I've had two new arrivals. One is the first of my swaps from Flibbertygibbet's swap, from Carole, who doesn't have a blog.



The strips are very sweet, and will find their way into a project for another baby, due in April. My second swap parcel has been delayed and is due soon! You can see what other people got - and what I sent - here.

I'm quite broke, but stretched to five pounds for some Liberty fabric strips from ebay, for a quilt project I'm mulling over.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

Ribbon mad looks way too tempting...

12:41 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I am afraid I feel pretty much the same as you today blah and frumpy is about right!

In an effort to make myself feel better I have just completed the weirdness meme that is doing the rounds - If you have the energy or the inclination to join in consider yourself tagged!

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home