Saturday, November 10, 2007

Omigod I'm blogging!


While I have maintained radio silence for a very long time, I have not been idle.

The most recent bit of crafting has been a top for Moot, pattern L from this book. It's too big for now, but should be just fine by the spring. I think I copied the pattern slightly wrong, but managed to make something presentable after


The fabric and Nani Iro bias tape are my only-ever superbuzzy purchases. The heart button, which is sewed wrong-side up, was a gift from my mother but has a check pattern on the right side.

The crochet cherries come from Le Bon Marche in Paris, which has a branch of La Droguerie on the top floor.

La Droguerie operates a mind-bogglingly ancient style of customer service, whereby you write your name down in a book, and when the mood takes her, a shop assistant will call your name (always prefixed with Madame) and then stroppily take you round the shop, putting what you want in a tray - no touching! - wrapping it up and then passing it on to another grumpy woman who then tells you how much you have to pay. It's too Parisian for words. I dared to ask whether they had safety pins with a rounded end, and I was left in no doubt that it was the stupidest question I could have ever asked.

On the plus side, La Droguerie have nice buttons, four of which were used to perk up this cardigan I found in a charity shop for 50P, discarded because it had been shrunk and felted in the wash. It fits Moot perfectly.





And I got to scan their Citronille catalogue. I saw a book in a Fnac which has Citronille patterns, but I was too well behaved to use a nail to slit open the plastic wrapping and peek inside.

It's 8.54pm, the dishes haven't been done and I haven't had dinner, so I will leave for next time the story of the amazing bag of patterns I found on the street...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsty said...

Hiya, I love these buttons - it makes it look very French. Superb.

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home