Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's right-side up for her

A couple of weeks ago, I managed to conquer my post-natal inertia long enough to make Moot - that's her nickname, by the way, not her actual name - a tunic top, a t-shirt and a pair of trousers from some Japanese craft book patterns.

Actually, the tunic isn't quite finished, I'm still working on the button loop, but that's fine because it's still a bit too bit for her. The material came from Cia's Palette, but I can't see it on the website anymore. The button, which I'm now thinking might make the top a bit too matchy-matchy, I've been hoarding for ages and comes from Uplifting Arts.





The pattern is from this book, which I first saw on Six and a half stitches. I can't seem to find the original post, but if you have a look around, she's made some lovely thing from it. It's a great book, and I pretty much want to make her everything in it.

The top and trouser jersey fabric came from that old favourite, Reprodepot. The pattern is from this book. It's not a great a book, actually, and has freakish blonde children modelling the clothes. I will post some pics from it soon.





Yes, the giraffes on the trousers are upside down, but hey, the pattern is in JAPANESE so I think I did pretty good. The neckline on the t-shirt isn't quite right, it needs to be taken in, but I can't be bothered as she's about to grow out of it and I've got a Simplicity pattern for a long-sleved t-shirt which is more suited to winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home